This month in Ricky Trickartt’s wonderful world of colour, I’ve been pondering the backstory to Cecil’s Ride though a series of cat drawings. These are probably some of my favourite doodles over the past few weeks! Not all of the cats are to do with him though – the sack of cats came from Don Quixote, which I finished reading this month.
A couple of weeks ago two stories hit the internet at the same time- the resurrection of Skymall and release of footage from the new James Bond movie. The combination left me remembering Adele’s theme song to the last movie, and I imagined what James Bond would look like (and be thinking) if he ever got the opportunity to peruse a copy of Skymall on a long-distance flight.
I also found myself musing on the possibilities of throwing a hot dog so it would fly the length of a swimming pool. Maybe a 25-metre pool as that’s what was have here in the valley. I think my best bet would be some kind of balsa-and-tissuepaper wing construction. It’d make a great competition, but I don’t know if I’ll ever put this daydream into action, particularly if the hot dog is topped with mustard. That would just make a mess.
Drawing is fun!
After the fold are all the old direct links, for posterity’s sake.
- The ‘Six-plus’
- Sack of cats
- Tongue castle
- Exclusive look at the artwork for @keenodnb’s next release on @medschoolmusic entitled ‘Preludes EP’
- This week I’ve been thinking about how to fly a hotdog the length of a swimming pool
- Holborn pie
- Last night I dreamt I needed to drive up north but I was determined to do it on the vespa so I strapped an old fiat punto to the side of the bike to act as a giant sidecar.
- Let us turn ours into a country of mushrooms by making mushroom cultivation scientific, intensive and industrialised!
- James Bond 007 in Skymall
- Wind tunnel
- Weld tour
- There’s something funny out there captain, we just don’t know where
- Prize line
- Nice mug o’ milk
- Spotted Dick
- Race Saturday
- Use the forced, Luke
- Floppy disk
- Secret ingredient
- Keeping up