What a scattered month!
This April I have been trying not to glue my own lips together, having strange dreams about sandal-shaped buses and sunbathing goths, spending far too much money on MP3s (Streaming services? What are they?), and a little bit of travelling here and there too.
My favourite square came quite early this April, in the form of the advice slip. I’ve never understood why ATM receipts are labelled as advice slips. It’d make much more sense if they really dispensed advice, as I pondered in my drawing.
I was sad the world lost Prince too – another hero of imagination has gone. As I noted on Twitter, I’m still in denial about Bowie, so having His Purple Majesty go too is an extra sad time. Shame I couldn’t come up with a better post-it note to commemorate him.
After the fold are all the old direct links, for posterity’s sake.
- I’m in Hamburg, surrounded by hamburgers
- What a time for my boiler to spring a leak
- Pest control
- Pair of vans
- Octopi Wall Street
- Nobody escapes the long arms of the law
- There goes another hero
- Insulted butter
- “It’s very close to my heart because I was down there, and I watched our police and our firemen down at 7/11, down at the World Trade Center right after it came down, and I saw the greatest people I’ve ever seen in action,” Mr Trump said.
- Drone strike
- Nettle beds
- Collapsed under the weight of his MP3 collection
- Occupational hazard
- Top banana
- In my safe place
- Last night I dreamt I was riding an open-top double decker bus that had been modified to look like an unfashionable walking sandal. The bus was part of a parade for Phil Collins, but the only spectators in the crowd were sunbathing goths. In the moment of the dream the sandal-shaped bus and the Phil Collins parade seemed completely reasonable, but I couldn’t understand why the goths were sunbathing- surely the last thing they would want would be tanned skin?
- Cereal bigamist (Requested by @londonelek)
- Canned canal
- Advice slip
- Hummus-vee (and crudités cannon)
- Concentrated orange juice